- It’s critical to ensure you have Google Analytics up and running. A good sample of data is key.
- Google Analytics can help to transform your digital marketing activities.
- Don’t be in the dark — if you don’t know what to do, get help!
What is Google Analytics?
The online space is exciting; providing opportunity for incredible return on investment, compared to other, more traditional channels. However, simply having a website is not enough. The digital space is competitive. To be seen, you must focus efforts on driving users (who are potentially interested in your product or service) to your page.
Google Analytics removes the blindfold and provides important and actionable insights.
Essentially, Google Analytics tells you the following:
- Where to invest your budget
- User demographics; age, gender, location
- What a user did on your site
- Which content and activity works (and which doesn’t!)
- Where are customers getting stuck, losing interest or leaving your site
- Why users look at your site but don’t get in touch
…And so much more!
Setting Up Google Analytics?
If there is one thing to take away from this blog, it is that you need to have Google Analytics set up on your website, both Universal (Current) and GA4 (New), before investing further in digital marketing.
One of the reasons digital marketing tends to return a greater ROI is the data. Analytics is key to this, if you can’t measure it you can’t manage it.
It’s important to set up your analytics correctly, ask yourself these questions:
- Does it collect what we need?
- Can we trust the data?
- Where are the holes?
- Is there anything to fix?
In all honesty, it’s rare we find an analytics set-up that isn’t broken in some way. It’s important to trust this data, therefore spending time getting it set up correctly is key.
What do I do next?
Why not take a look at the free analytics training courses available from Google. They really give a good grounding of the platform and how to navigate your way around.
The power behind analytics is the insights. Analytics can present data to you, but remember averages lie!
Empower yourself to truly understand the data, and it can transform the way you do business.
Utilising a digital agency, or an analytics expert can help propel your digital platform to the next level. Often these specialists see a cross-section of industries and can help translate the data into actionable insights.